In this tutorial, we will learn how to perform a Fresh installation or Upgrade existing version of OpenNebula to the latest stable release of OpenNebula 5.0.2-2 version
1. Check if OpenNebula packages is already installed
2. To perform a Fresh installation or Upgrading to the new version of OpenNebula, add the OpenNebula Repository information.
3. Run, ‘apt-get update‘ to update the repository information
4. Now, install OpenNebula 5.0.2-2 version packages from the OpenNebula repository
#apt-get install libopennebula-java libopennebula-java-doc opennebula opennebula-common opennebula-flow opennebula-gate opennebula-node opennebula-sunstone opennebula-tools ruby-opennebula
5. As the package signatures couldn’t be verified, proceed with “Install these packages without verification [y/N] y”
6. OpenNebula 5.0.2-2 version packages for Ubuntu 14.04 is getting installed.
7. Installation of OpenNebula 5.0.2-2 in progress
8. Verifying if the newer version of the package got installed successfully.
9. If upgrading OpenNebula from lower version to the newer version, then upgrade ‘one.db‘ to the newer version, which is located under /var/lib/one/ directory and also start opennebula and opennebula-sunstone services.
10. Enjoy the new OpenNebula Sunstone Web Interface (Cloud Operations Center)